January 2013’s prayer requests:
Please pray for Anne…
- For self control and a Spirit-empowered hunger and thirst to do what is best and right,
- For Anne to feel valuable,
- Finally, pray for God to show us his great, great love and goodness to Anne.
December 2012’s prayer requests:
Please pray for Anne…
- Anne’s greatest obstacle to reading is that she has great difficulty tracking letters left to right. Please pray for wisdom and direction as we try to find the best strategies to overcome this obstacle.
- Anne can get complacent and lazy. Please pray for her to put forth Spirit-empowered EFFORT to do well in school and therapy.
- Finally, pray that she would know and experience God’s great, great love for her and that she would have a deep sense of her worth to Him.
November 2012’s prayer requests:
Please pray for Anne…
- to learn how to read so that she might one day be able to read God’s word,
- to walk independently at the proper time
- and for her to be greatly motivated to persevere in prayer and practice for both of these things!
October 2012’s prayer requests:
Anne woke up this morning and said, “I don’t want to go to school. School is hard.” For the first time, Anne is required to learn beyond what she knew before the accident. Math is especially challenging, and she gets frustrated easily. Please pray for Anne…
- to persevere through the difficulty of learning new material,
- for her attention span to increase so it is easier for her to concentrate,
- and for her to have self control when she gets frustrated.
September 2012’s prayer requests:
- Praise God for Anne’s teacher, para-pro and new therapists! Anne is doing so well in school. She has improved behaviorally and academically. We are so grateful!
- Please continue to pray for Anne to have self-control, a sound mind and to hunger and thirst after righteousness.
- And lastly, pray that Anne will know God’s presence and trust in His good plan for her.
August 2012’s prayer requests:
- Anne will enter the 1st grade on August 13th. Please pray for her transition back to school, specifically for self control and a sound mind.
- Please pray for Anne to know God, and to love God and to learn to trust and depend on God. She needs him!
July 2012’s prayer requests:
- While June was highly structured, July is just the opposite. Please pray for me to establish a structure for Anne, and have the discipline to keep it consistently. Anne thrives under structure, and I struggle with it…
- Anne improved dramatically, both physically and cognitively during her 3-week Therasuit therapy. Please pray that she would continue to improve at home.
- Please pray that Anne would learn how to control her anger. When she gets angry, she will sometimes hit or pinch the person closest to her… which is usually me. This means I also need prayer for wisdom and patience to coach Anne to deal with her anger.
- Lastly, please pray that Anne would come to know and trust in God’s goodness.
June 2012’s prayer requests:
- Anne starts an intense 3 week Therasuit therapy program Monday, June 4th. Please pray for stamina and a good attitude!
- Please pray for wisdom and discipline for me as I address Anne’s behavior issues. She demands constant attention, and is inconsolable when she doesn’t get her way. We have had many temper tantrums and tears in her first week of summer break.
- That she would know and rest in God’s presence and peace.
May 2012’s prayer requests:
- We have weaned Anne from all medications (except her seizure med). She seems to be having withdrawal symptoms… lethargic during the day, restless at night and agitated all the time. Please pray that her body will adjust quickly and for wisdom on whether to introduce any new medications.
- We are considering a specialized, intense 3 week physical therapy program during the summer. Please pray for wisdom for us as we make a final decision.
- Finally, please pray for peace and joy for Eric and me as we prepare to care for Anne this summer.
April 2012’s prayer requests:
- For wisdom concerning Anne’s Baclofen medication. Baclofen is the muscle relaxer used to reduce spasticity in her left foot, and so far the medication has been effective. But strangely, it acts as a stimulant in Anne resulting in lowered attention span and increased impulsivity. Please pray that we could find the right balance to decrease this negative side affect.
- Recently, Anne’s impulse to put everything in her mouth has greatly increased. Please pray for her oral fixation to greatly decrease (this could also be connected to the baclofen…)
- For Anne’s inner desire to do things for herself.. like walk and write and eat – to increase so she can begin to gain more independence,
- And lastly, for Anne to continue to wrestle with God’s goodness and love for her – and ultimately for her to grow to be a faithful woman of God!